Closing our construction sites is the right thing to do

25th March 2020

Mulbury has today taken the decision to temporarily close all our construction sites due to COVID-19.

In the absence of clear guidance from government, we had been rigorously following the social distancing advice set out for the construction industry by trade body Build UK.

However, it’s become clear to us over the last 48 hours that keeping sites open is no longer tenable given the current crisis.

We have a moral duty to protect our people. Allowing our office-based staff to work remotely at home, but keeping our frontline construction workers, subcontractors and suppliers out on site, and potentially in harm’s way of this virus, just didn’t sit right with us.

Nor is it right to put other members of the public at risk through our construction personnel continuing to travel into work and being in communities where people have been told to stay home.

We will spend the next two days locking down our eight operational sites across the North West and making them safe and secure. The sites that will close are in Blossom Street (Manchester city centre), Levenshulme, Warrington, Southport, Prestwich, Hazel Grove, Tyldesley, and Widnes.

Our sites will be closed until April 14 at the earliest and we will keep the situation under constant review. If we need to keep them closed longer, that’s what we’ll do.

I would like to say a huge thank you to our staff, clients, funders, subcontractors, advisors, and everyone else in the Mulbury family for their support at this challenging time.

Like I said in my last post, this is only temporary. Mulbury is in a strong position and we are confident that we will come out of this stronger than ever to deliver the new homes our country so desperately needs.

Stay safe everyone. We look forward to working with you again soon.

Greg Mulligan,

Co-founder and director

Top